Today is Friday, May 18. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Hamilton DPW Yard: The yard at the is open to the public once a month – – for drop-offs of electronics and other large items for a fee. This month’s drop off day is this Saturday, May 19. The yard is open from 8 a.m.-noon.
2. Tour de Cure: Keep an eye out on Sunday for hundreds of bicyclists on the roads around Hamilton and Wenham (and many other North Shore communities) as bicyclists take on tours of 15, 31, 62 or 100-miles in . The rides start and finish at .
3. Battle of the Bands: The that has been running on many Patch sites in eastern Massachusetts in recent weeks wraps up at noon on Friday. The votes will be compiled and announced on Monday. The winner will headline a show at The Harp in Boston plus get some other treats. Unfortunately, the local entrant, . And, for the Hamilton-Wenham Patch users who have lamented the inclusion of the “Bands” comments in the frontpage comment stream, this will mark a return to commentary that is not related to the "band battle."
4. Design Show: The 2012 edition of the wraps up on Sunday at . The show, which opened a week ago, features various displays of “favorite spaces” by local designers. Admission is $15 per person at the door and the hours are 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Friday through Sunday.
5. Prom: It should be a fun night for the Class of 2013 (juniors) at on Friday as they head off to the prom. And the weather looks like it will be delightful for the traditional picture-taking get-together beforehand at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.