Today is Thursday, May 17. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Sunny Streak: Forecasters are saying that Thursday will start a streak of beautiful days of weather that will take us straight through the weekend. Thursday’s temperatures will be around 70 and temperatures will get closer to 80 by the weekend.
2. Reducing Toxins: There was an event originally scheduled for Thursday evening at that . The presenter had to cancel so the event will now not happen.
3. William Hart: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee last week and he will take over this summer. But there were that most committee members said were also well-qualified to take the job. And one of those candidates – William Hart, the assistant superintendent at Pentucket Regional School District – will be publicly interviewed on Thursday night in York, Maine, where he is a finalist for the superintendent job there.
4. MetroDash: Last week that was scheduled to come to the Topsfield Fairgrounds this weekend called MetroDash - a race where competitors run, climb, crawl, jump and swing through a series of obstacles set across a 600-yard long course. As it turns out, the event has been cancelled. Organizers tell us that it was “cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances” without any other details.
5. Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary: Massachusetts Audubon Society’s Ipswich River Wildlife Sanctuary – which has some property in Hamilton too - will unveil a new visitor center on Thursday. The ribbon-cutting for the new facility is planned for 6 p.m. at the sanctuary at 87 Perkins Row in Topsfield.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.