Today is Monday, May 14. Here are five things you need to know:
1. HWCam: If you typically on Comcast channel 10, prepare to go to a different channel next month. HWCam Executive Director Bill Melville said that a Federal Communications Commission rule that allows another channel to have rights to channel 10, HWCam will go to channel 8 on June 5. No programming will be interrupted.
2. Music Man: – – continues right into summer with at the . Doser’s performances for kids are at 10 a.m. on Mondays and Thursdays.
3. Hamilton Selectmen: Typically, the Hamilton Board of Selectmen meets on Monday nights and the last time the board met it had planned to meet on Monday night. But the board is now not scheduled to meet, after a .
4. Sunflowers: This summer’s sunflower growing contest, sponsored by the , starts on Monday. The library is actually supplying the mammoth sunflower seeds – just stop by and grab them. An award will be given out for both the tallest plant and the widest flower. The contest ends on Sept. 25.
5. Wenham Conservation Commission: The Wenham Conservation Commission meets on Monday night at 7:30 p.m. at , where the commission will hear about plans to relocate and add on to a building at 217 Larch Row, among other items.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.