Today is Friday, June 8. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Steven Kellogg: (a personal favorite since childhood for Hamilton-Wenham Patch editor Bobby Gates) appeared at back in April. And his work has been on display there since then in a special, low-hanging display that is kid-friendly. The last day for that display is Friday. The hours are 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2. Tisei: , the Republican from Wakefield who is seeking the Sixth Congressional District seat , . Show up with your questions. It begins at 11:30 a.m.
3. Harvard Field Trip: It may be a month away, but there’s only a few seats left on being organized by . It’s scheduled for July 10, with the air-conditioned coach bus leaving at 7:45 a.m. and arriving back at 3 p.m. The cost is just $25 – because of support from the – including lunch at the Continental.
4. Wiffleball: Last summer, with just a few day’s notice, the Hamilton-Wenham Little League rolled out the red carpet at . And it appears that the league is planning a return to Patton Park later this summer for regional playoffs on the weekend of Sept. 1-2. Should be fun to watch.
5. Beaches: Do you want to lend a hand this summer to help keep some of the nearby North Shore beaches clean? You can get involved this weekend. Salem Sound Coastwatch is hosting an event in Salem called “Beaches 101” to train volunteers who want to “Adopt a Beach” on the North Shore. It happens from 9:30-11:30 a.m. in the Community Room at , 87 Lafayette St. in Salem.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.