Today is Thursday, June 7. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Checkpoint: The State Police plan a sobriety checkpoint somewhere in Essex County on Friday night, June 8 into Saturday morning. As is always the case, they won’t say exactly where it will be. The checkpoint is funded by a grant from the highway safety division of the state Executive Office of Public Safety and Security.
2. Comcast E-mail: If you have a Comcast e-mail address and receive the morning Hamilton-Wenham Patch newsletter, . Any undelivered newsletters were being held in a “quarantine” by Comcast, so when the problem was resolved earlier this week you may have received several days worth of Patch e-mails all at one time. If you have a Comcast.net e-mail address and still believe there is a problem, please contact email@example.com.
3. Job Networking: As the , job seekers are likely looking for any extra edge they can get to grab a new job. One of those opportunities is on Thursday at from 1-2 p.m. for an . Meet with others, share job search tips and make a new connection. If you want more information beforehand, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
4. Fifth Grade: It’s a big week for fifth graders at all three elementary schools – , and . They are celebrating all week with a variety of activities and Thursday, for example, is Field Day at all three schools. Buker fifth graders head to , while Cutler fifth graders are having their own field day and cookout up on Asbury Street and Winthrop fifth graders have a field day planned there too. Friday there’s a talent show at Winthrop, it’s Clash Day at Cutler and Buker fifth graders are headed to the New England Aquarium.
5. School Committee: Retiring teachers and outgoing members of the School Committee will be honored when the School Committee meets on Thursday night at 7 p.m. in the multipurpose room at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.