Today is Tuesday, June 5. Here are five things you need to know:
1. HWCam: Tuesday is the day when HWCam, normally seen on channel 10 for Comcast cable subscribers, . The move will not affect Verizon Fios users. The move was mandated by a “must-carry” Federal Communications Rule that a home shopping channel to take channel 10.
2. South America: There’s a Hamilton resident who spend two years in South America living and working, and on Tuesday night from 6:30-7:30 p.m. David Unsworth about Columbia, Ecuador, Peru, Chile, and Venezuela and field questions at . It is free and open to the public. Afterward, there will be a reception at .
3. Cape Cod Railroad trip: Tuesday is the final day to sign up to become part of the trip to Cape Cod, where you can experience the Cape from a train on the . The trip is scheduled for June 21 and is $75 per person. The trip also includes lunch at .
4. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gas in Hamilton and Wenham on Monday was $3.49 for regular at – that’s actually some of the least expensive gas on the entire North Shore. As is often the case, it is the same price at both and at $3.59. At , a gallon of regular is $3.99.
5. Wenham Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at , where the board will get an update on the progress of the Essex Regional Communication Center in Middleton,. Ken Walsh, Bob Blanchard and the center’s director, Thomas K. Dubas, will provide the update.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.