Today is Monday, June 4. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Hurricanes: In case you missed it, the 2012 hurricane season officially started last Friday. Maybe it crossed your mind, since the driving rain and gusty winds at some points during the weekend made it feel like a hurricane was moving in. The hurricane season runs through Nov. 20. Historically, the season peaks in August. This year is forecasted to be a “near-normal” season along the East Coast.
2. Snapping Turtles: One reader tells us be careful walking your dog along the because some snapping turtles have made their nests near the water and have laid eggs.
3. Music Man: – – plans concerts twice a week straight through the summer at the . The Wenham musician always keeps kids up on their feet, moving around the room on Mondays and Thursday at 10 a.m.
4. Dustin: Know someone who’s like Red Sox second baseman Dustin Pedroia? , with a branch in Hamilton, . The bank is looking for nominees from co-workers in companies with 25 employees or less. The deadline to enter is Monday and the winner will win a company outing with Pedroia. The top 10 nominees will appear on Salem Five’s Facebook page from June 5-11 for voting.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Monday night for the first time since the annual town election in May. Jennifer Scuteri, , returns to the board for a second term and former Selectman David Neill, who served three terms in the 1990s, was elected. One of the board’s first pieces of business will be to elect a chairman. The board meets at 7 p.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.