Today is Wednesday, June 27. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Weather: The dreary weather will continue with partly sunny skies and highs in the lower 70's.
2. Summer Reading: The summer reading program at kicks off with a concert on Wednesday evening. – the performance is described as a “fast-paced family performance” that is “loaded with audience participation.” It is free and open to the public.
3. Winthrop Principal: Wednesday is the deadline to submit a letter of interest if you want to be considered for at . Submit your letter to the school district’s central office at the Center School building on School Street in Wenham.
4. School Finances: The Finance Working group of the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets first thing on Wednesday morning – 7:30 a.m. at the at the Center School. The committee will get an update on the fiscal 2012 audit from Interim Superintendent Peter Gray and Business Manager Pola Andrews.
5. Wading Pool: The wading pool at is slated for some renovations. The pool, which is on the Hamilton side of the park, is not far from Highland Street at the entrance across from . According to a notice filed by the ConsComm by the state Department of Conservation and Recreation, plans are to install a new water service line and repair a culvert, among other work. The Conservation Commission will review the plans during its meeting at 7:30 p.m. at on Wednesday.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.