Today is Tuesday, June 26. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Regional at 50: is turning 50 years old this year - the first class graduated in 1963. A group is assembling to help honor the occasional all year long. The is on Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. at .
2. Lyme Disease: Health experts are saying this could be the worst summer yet for Lyme Disease – a warning to walkers, hikers, horseback riders and just about anyone that will be out and about this summer. And, surprisingly, it has little to do with the unusually warm winter we just experienced. Instead, a shift of the acorn and white-footed mouse populations is to blame for affecting the tick population.
3. Topsfield Fair: Really, the is coming up? Well, it is still three months away, but discount tickets are already on sale. The tickets, at the special price of $9 each, will be on sale starting July 6. The regular price is $11 on weekdays and $15 on weekends and Columbus Day. The discount tickets can be bought online and by phone through Aug. 20. The fair will run Sept. 28-Oct. 8.
4. Dunkin: Want to win a trip to Sandwich on Cape Cod? Show a picture of you sandwiched between two things you love - its mark of its introduction of new sandwiches on the menu. Duncs, with a location in Hamilton, is giving away weekly prizes too but the grand prize is a trip to Sandwich. And you can enter as often as daily through July 1, just by uploading a new photo each day.
5. Tobin Bridge: If you are a regular commuter to Boston, you’ve probably been caught in some of the backups headed toward the Tobin Bridge, especially in the morning. But get this – the Boston Globe reported last week that the lane restriction that is causing the backup is expected to last until the fall of 2014 – more than two years from now. The work that’s happening is painting, sandblasting and other bridge maintenance.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.