Today is Friday, June 22. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Some Relief: Friday will still be a hot day, but forecasters say the high temperature will likely hold just below 90 degrees. There’s a chance of a shower or a thunderstorm in the afternoon, too.
2. Daytime Emmys: A handbag maker headquartered in Wenham has made it to Hollywood. Eclu handbags will be the “celebrity swag bag” at Saturday’s Daytime Emmy Awards in Beverly Hills. Designer and owner Jami Morales started the handbag maker in 2007.
3. Executive Director: Friday is the deadline for applicants to submit a resume for the open position of executive director at . , who was the museum’s director for six years, so she could spend more time taking care of her father.
4. 351: There’s 351 cities and towns in Massachusetts, and each one of those communities is represented by a rising high school freshman or sophomore as part of Project 351, organized by Gov. Deval Patrick to “celebrate the ethic of service, youth leadership, and the power of community to uplift and unite.” The group, which started in 2011, will unite again this weekend in Worcester, with two local representatives – Brian Ruane of Hamilton and Cassidy Cring of Wenham.
5. Farm to Table: There’s coming to this summer, and one of the first of those events is on Saturday. It’s being billed as “swanky, but still farmy” and will feature the fruit of the season – strawberries. It starts at 6 p.m. and tickets are $45 per person and available by calling the farmstand at 978-468-2277.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.