Today is Tuesday, June 19. Here are five things you need to know:
1. And it Continues: Tuesday’s forecast calls for the beautiful weather we’ve seen for the past few days to continue on Tuesday, with sunny skies and temperatures into the 70s. Enjoy it, because as you may have heard temperatures are expected to spike into the 90s on Wednesday.
2. Low Number License Plates: Have you ever seen someone with a low number license plate and wondered what important person they know to have received the plate? Maybe the answer is nobody. The state Registry of Motor Vehicles has announced that the lottery for 124 low number license plates is open now, which will include plates 73, 295, 449, 493, 7755, and 1Z. You can find the entry form online or attached to this story as a PDF and the deadline is Aug. 13.
3. Hamilton Planning Board: The Hamilton Planning Board meets on Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. at . The board is expected at the and at .
4. Unemployment: We’ll know the latest unemployment numbers for Hamilton and Wenham on Tuesday, when the state Bureau of Labor Statistics releases local unemployment data. Last week, the bureau reported that the statewide unemployment rate dropped .3 percent to 6 percent in May.
5. Wenham Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night at 7 p.m. at , where the board has encouraged the public at the in West Wenham plus could take action on a new contract for Interim Town Administrator Mark Andrews.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.