Today is Monday, June 18. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Another nice one: The forecast on Monday calls for a sunny day with temperatures near 70 – much like the beautiful day we had on Sunday.
2. Children’s Programs: Registration for summer programs at starts on Monday. Registration needs to occur at the library for programs such as Baby Bookworms and Dream Big with Bryan plus the . No registrations will be accepted by phone, e-mail or on the website.
3. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee typically meets on Thursday night, but it breaks that tradition and meets at 7 p.m. on Monday at the . The committee is scheduled to hear from auditor Jim Powers, among other items.
4. Too Hard: This past weekend the U.S. Open wrapped up at Olympic Club in San Francisco. But more than a century ago, the U.S. Open was played four times in the first 14 years of the golf tournament right here in Hamilton at the course. But why didn’t it return? It’s too hard, according to a list of the hardest U.S. Open courses compiled late last week by the Associated Press.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Monday at 7 p.m. at , where it will accept gifts towards the and sign an extension to with Wenham and the Regional School District. According to the agenda, .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.