Today is Friday, June 15. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Banbury Cross: Friday is a sad day for many people, since it is the final day of business for in Wenham, . and the store hours on the final day are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. Trash Barrels: The arrived in Hamilton , and along with it came a . Well, if you have an old barrel that you would like to retire, you can r. The event is free and open only to Hamilton residents. You can drop off the barrel from 8 a.m. to noon at the behind on Bay Road. It also includes free disposal of cardboard and paper.
3. Shriners Game: Congratulations to two Generals football players, Taylor Drinkwater and Shane Jenkins, who will be playing at Gillette Stadium on Friday night in the annual Shriners All-Star Classic Game. Both of them will play for the North team and Drinkwater will wear number 64 while Jenkins will wear number 76. The proceeds from the game, which starts at 7 p.m., will go toward the Shriners Hospital in Boston. Coach Andrew Morency .
4. Bristol, R.I.: If you are interested in a trip to Bristol, R.I. planned for next month and organized by the , Friday is the last day to sign up and pay. The daytrip is planned for July 17 and will cost $60 per person. It will include a motorcoach ride leaving Hamilton at 10 a.m. and returning at 6:15 p.m. with a tour of (featured in “The Great Gatsby” movie) and lunch at the Old Country Buffet.
5. Little League: There’s a lot planned for Hamilton-Wenham Little League players for Championship Day on Saturday. Both the major league and minor league champions will be decided in two games at Cheeseman Field at . Field Day events will run from 9-11 a.m. at both Pingree Park and , with free lunch for all players in uniform at the Cheeseman Field concession stand. The Minor League Championship game at will be played at Cheeseman Field at 2:30 p.m. and the Major League Championship game will be played at Cheeseman Field at 5 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.