Today is Wednesday, June 13. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Wet: Wednesday will be a mostly rainy day and temperatures won’t get out of the 60s.
2. Block Party: The last chance to buy discounted tickets in advance of is Wednesday. The deadline is 6 p.m. to get tickets for $25 for adults and $15 for children and seniors. The prices go up to $30 and $20, respectively, as the door. The 4th annual event runs 5-8 p.m. on Friday and includes live entertainment and plenty of food.
3. U.S. Open: The U.S. Open gets underway at the Olympic Club in San Francisco on Thursday. But more than 100 years later, the highest (i.e. worst) round ever shot in the tournament still stands from 1898 when the championship was played at the in Hamilton. That year, J.D. Tucker shot a 157, which remains the highest single round score in the championship.
4. Underwater Photography: Wenham resident Andy Martinez will appear on Wednesday night at the for a presentation titled "The Color and Beauty of New England's Underwater World.” Martinez, an author and photographer, will provide an “armchair tour” of the underwater life of our region. The event is free and open to the public.
5. Budget: The school budget was overwhelmingly approved at Hamilton Town Meeting this year after last minute negotiations. And it will all be discussed and reviewed when the Budget Process committee meets on Wednesday at 7:30 a.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.