Today is Wednesday, July 4. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Showers: While Wednesday is expected to be an OK day weatherwise for the Fourth of July holiday, there is a good chance that a shower or thunderstorm will move through at some point. It wil be cloudy and temperatures will be into the 80s.
2. Two Town Fourth: The big event of the day is at Patton Park from noon to 3 p.m. for the . It starts with a kids bicycle parade from the to , followed by everything from kids games and barbecue to Cow Patty Drop and antique cars at the park through the afternoon.
3. Trash: Government offices are closed on Wednesday for the Fourth of July, but, arguably, the most important thing to remember is that there is no trash pickup in Hamilton. It is delayed one day. Typical Wednesday pickup will happen on Thursday and pickup for the rest of the week will be delayed by one day. It is
4. Favorite Holiday: Every other weekend we bring you the popular . And another one is coming up this weekend. But today, on the Fourth of July, we remind you of a great one from a while back, where .
5. Fireworks: Looking to catch a fireworks shows on Wednesday night? There’s at West Beach in Beverly Farms at 9 p.m. and at Derby Wharf in Salem at 9:15 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.