Today is Tuesday, July 31. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Photo Contest: Tuesday at 8 p.m. is the deadline to enter “Dream Big, Read” children’s photo contest, where participants tell a story using photos mounted on a poster. There are two categories - children entering grades 1–3 and children entering grades 4-6 – and everyone who enters and meets the requirements gets a prize.
2. Gas Prices: Three of the four gas stations in Hamilton and Wenham were selling gas at or below the regional average on Monday. A gallon of regular was $3.54 at , $3.59 per gallon (the area average) at and and $3.79 at .
3. Duathlon: Congratulations to Brett Rickenbach of Danvers, who won at . The top finisher from the two towns was Richard Walsh of Hamilton, who finished in third, who was about six minutes behind Rickenbach. There were a total of 40 finishers.
4. Walking Tour: While it is history in Beverly, at least one historical walking tour this week – part of Homecoming week in that city – was put on by Hamilton resident Fred Hammond. As a native of the city’s Montserrat neighborhood, on Monday night led a walk of the area “detailing the rich history and architecture of this neighborhood.”
5. Wenham Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen will and discuss a review of the from last month’s board retreat, among other items, when at 7 p.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.