Today is Tuesday, July 3. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Perfect: Tuesday is shaping up to deliver just about perfect weather, with sunny skies with temperatures in the mid-80s.
2. Gas: The least expensive gallon of regular gasoline on Monday was at in Hamilton at $3.29. It is two cents more - $3.31 – at both and and its $3.69 per gallon at .
3. Bridge: Tuesday is your last chance to sign up for a series of Bridge Classes this summer that start on July 17 at . The classes are an outgrowth of a popular series of classes this spring at the library. The classes will be on Tuesday from 6-7:30 p.m. through Sept. 4. The Hamilton Duplicate Bridge Club is covering the cost of the books, and the Friends of the Library are funding the program so participants are asked to pay just $10. Sign up at the reference desk at the library. It is open to teenagers and adults and no experience is needed.
4. Fireworks: What is widely considered to be the best Independence Day fireworks display in the region happens on Tuesday night in Danvers. The fireworks are scheduled to go off at 9:15 from , behind . Nearby, fireworks are also planned for 9:15 p.m. at Singing Beach in Manchester-by-the-Sea and 9:30 along Stacey Boulevard in Gloucester.
5. School Committee: Several of the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee’s working groups, or subcommittees, are meeting on Tuesday morning. The Finance Working Group meets at 7:30 a.m. at the , where it will consider the process for funding capital expenses and gather input on the budget format. The Facilities Working Group then meets at 8:30 a.m. and the Communications Working Group meets at 9:15 a.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.