Today is Tuesday, July 17. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Scorcher: Tuesday is shaping up to possibly be the hottest day of the summer - so far. Forecasters say temperatures will get into the mid-90s on Tuesday with high humidity too.
2. Train Delays: The ongoing replacement of railroad ties along the North Shore commuter rail lines is causing delays for trains on the newly installed rails coming and going from . The Massachusetts Bay Commuter Railroad Co. The delays could run up to 15 minutes, according to MBCR, until the work is complete later this summer.
3. Gas Prices: The price of gas has gone up during the past week, with $3.45 now the least expensive gallon of regular gasoline in the two towns – found at . A gallon was selling for $3.49 per gallon on Monday at both and . At in Wenham, it is $3.69 per gallon. The least expensive gallon of gas in the region is $3.39 per gallon at Stop and Shop in Danvers.
4. Lindsay Davenport: One of the biggest American names in tennis is Lindsay Davenport, and she’s coming to the North Shore on Tuesday. The is home to the Boston Lobsters, and on Tuesday the team – a member of the World Team Tennis League – is playing host to the Orange County Breakers, a team that includes Davenport.
5. Hamilton Planning Board: The at , when the board will get a report of an Open Meeting Law complaint against the board and get an update on the at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.