Today is Wednesday, Aug. 1. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Vehicle Night: For some kids, it may be the highlight of the summer – at . Emergency vehicles, tree trucks and snowplows will be just some of the vehicles on display in the library parking lot from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
2. Sports Registration: Wednesday is one of the last chances for students to register for fall sports at . Registration forms and payment will be accepted at the athletic office from 10 a.m. to noon on Wednesday.
3. Trails and Sails: Each fall, the Trails and Sails weekend has become a tradition in Essex County, offering a variety of events that showcases what the region offers. This year, it is scheduled for over 200 locations on two weekends – Sept. 21-23 and Sept. 28-30. On Wednesday, the website outlining the 2012 offerings will be launched. Last year, for example, at .
4. Eagle Scouts: Exactly 100 years ago on Wednesday, the first Eagle Scout Award in the country was earned by Arthur Eldred. And on the eve of that anniversary, - Andrew Gauthier, Thomas Grimshaw, Keaton Holappa and– were honored by the Board of Selectmen at . That makes 93 Eagle Scouts awarded in Wenham, and Albie Dodge was the first.
5. Mike’s Auto: The again takes up the application of to sell used cars. The controversy has and Mike's has , when he was . The board meets at 7 p.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.