Today is Monday, April 30. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Wenham Town Meeting: If you have anything to say about the articles on the warrant or have any questions, plan to be at the on Monday night. The Wenham Board of Selectmen and Finance Committee will be holding a warrant hearing at 7:30 p.m. The entire warrant is attached to this story as a PDF.
2. Positive Discipline: Cynthia Griffin and Evalyn Lawnsby of the Family Network present a free workshop on Monday night at in Wednesday called “Positive Discipline That Works.” It’s the first of a two-day workshop that continues on May 7 focused on encouraging appropriate behavior in toddlers through elementary age children. It runs 6:30-8:30 p.m.
3. T delays: Anyone planning a trip on the commuter rail between and Boston after 9 p.m. on Monday night should expect delays. Trains 142, 143, 145, 186 and 189 will all be delayed up to 30 minutes because of busing between Lynn and North Station while work in completed on the Saugus River drawbridge.
4. Chelgren: Former Wenham Town Administrator Jeff Chelgren, after nearly 10 years for , is scheduled to start in that position on Monday. Mark Andrews .
5. Hamilton Board of Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet, as usual, at . The board will, among other things, get , which has been studying the proposed gift of the Patton family estate to the town, which will go before voters at Annual Town Meeting on May 12 for acceptance.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.