Today is Thursday, April 19. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Fire: The high fire risk continues on Thursday, with state fire officials continuing to warn that fuels continue to be very dry in the woods, creating an “elevated fire weather risk.” Humidity will be low on Thursday but winds will be very light.
2. Scholarship: The deadline to submit an application for the is less than a day away. Wenham residents entering the freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in college and are applying for financial aid at the institution they plan to attend are eligible to apply. The application must be mailed by Friday. It is attached to this story as a PDF.
3. Get Organized: brings her organizing skills to the on Thursday night at 6:30 p.m. The interactive workshop is titled The cost is $20.
4. A.J. Gordon: April 19 is A.J. Gordon’s birthday – he was born on this date in 1836. Gordon was a Baptist minister who founded . His name is also the “Gordon” in , coming from the Gordon Divinity School when it merged with the Conwell School of Theology in 1970.
5. Kites: Archie Stewart has become a well know guy here in Hamilton and Wenham, making at least annual visits with his kite-making skills. He returns again on Thursday afternoon to . It will start at 1 p.m. when Stewart teaches everyone how to build a kite and later will move to the Recreation Center or neighboring Fairhaven Field where participants can fly their kite and see Stewart fly his stunt kite. It is free and open to all ages.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.