Today is Monday, Feb. 20. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Just Wait: While Monday will be a sunny day with temperatures into the upper 30s, some warmer weather is headed our way later in the week. By Wednesday temperatures are forecasted to get into the 50s and the warm weather is expected to stick around through Friday.
2. Presidents’ Day: Monday is Presidents’ Day, officially known as Washington’s Birthday, which is a federal holiday. Government offices and school are all closed, plus some businesses. We have a full wrap-up of what is open and closed on Monday.
3. Food Trucks: The Food Truck Phenomenon has been building in recent years, and last week an announcement was made that it is coming very close to us here in the two towns this summer. The New England Food Truck Festival plans a stop at Topsfield Fairgrounds on Saturday, June 30. Tickets are already on sale. Adults are $30, a four-pack is $100, there are VIP tickets (early admission) for $40 and children 6-12 are $10 with 5 and under free. The exact number of food trucks that will be there has yet to be announced but is expected to be anywhere from 15 to 30 trucks.
4. Winthrop play: Last Wednesday, the fifth graders at Winthrop Elementary School presented the musical “The Castaways.” If you missed it, the play was recorded and has been played several times during the past weekend on HWCam. It is scheduled to be broadcasted again at 8 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday plus Sunday at 7 p.m. and next Monday, Feb. 27 at 8:30 a.m. on Comcast channel 22 and Verizon channel. Or you can watch it anytime “on demand” from the HWCam website.
5. Music Man: Typically, Music Man Brian Doser performs for kids twice a week at the Community House on Monday and Thursday mornings. But because it is a holiday, he’s off today. Doser returns on Thursday with a concert at 10 a.m
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.