You’ve had your parent/teacher conference and report cards are around the corner… its clear your child is having a hard time; but how can you help? Come hear some of the district's special education staff discuss their respective backgrounds and their roles in nurturing successful learners. Each will discuss tips for assisting ALL students develop learning skills relative to each area of expertise. And find out what role you can play at home to support your learner and how to best identify and express concerns.
This presentation is for anyone who has questions about how to help their struggling child succeed in school. (Please note that personal questions cannot be entertained as this is public forum. Discussions will focus on issues that impact all learners within the district.)
Featured speakers include:
- Kathleen Pennoyer, Ph.D., Certified School Psychologist, Licensed Clinical Psychologist
- Johanna Wilson, M.Ed., Special Education Teacher/Assistive Technology Support
- Molly Benson, MS, BCBA, Behavior Specialist
- Dolly McIlvaine,M.S.W., L.C.S.W., School Adjustment Counselor
- Beth Dahlmer, OTR/L-Occupational Therapist
- Leslie Chapdelaine, MS/CCC/SLP, Speech-Language Pathologist
Sponsoredby the Hamilton Wenham Special Education Parent Advisory Council. The H-W SEPAC is open to all parents or guardians of children receiving services for learning, neurological, physical, psychological, emotional or cognitive disabilities, as well as other interested parties. The PAC also offers education, networking and support to parents and guardians of children with learning differences and disabilities. For more information, see our website www.hwsepac.org or contact Margo Killoran at VivienneGirl@comcast.