Today is Thursday, Sept. 6. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Sun: The sun remerged on Wednesday afternoon and is forecasted to stick around on Thursday with temperatures in the 70s.
2. Equestrian Classic: The gets started on Thursday at the Schooling Fields with warm-ups.
3. Apples: September has been officially declared “Apple Month” in Massachusetts. “The harvest is ahead of schedule,” said Bar Weeks, executive director of the New England Apple Association. Massachusetts is the 12th largest producer of apples in the country. The state Department of Agricultural Resources runs a website with a lookup for farms that sell apples this fall, which includes Connors Farm, just over the Wenham line in Danvers and Russell Orchards in Ipswich.
4. School: We’re a week into the school year, but if you remember back more than a year there was discussion about today – Sept. 6 – . But the decision was made to start school before Labor Day.
5. Election: Election: The polls are open on Thursday – a rare Thursday election – for the primary election. Polls are open at the in Hamilton and , from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.