Today is Tuesday, Sept. 25. Here are five things you need to know:
1. 70s: Temperatures return to the 70s again on Tuesday, with the forecast calling for sunny skies and increasing winds.
2. Mt. Washington: The world’s worst weather is said to be at the summit of Mt. Washington in the White Mountains of New Hampshire, and Eric Pinder, who worked at the Mount Washington Observatory for seven years, brings some stories of working at the summer to the Hamilton-Wenham Library on Tuesday night. The free programs runs from 7-8 p.m. and is best for ages 8 and up.
3. School Committee: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee meets bright and early on Tuesday morning, with a 7:30 a.m. meeting at the Center School administrative building to discuss options to repair the Cutler School roof. The School Committee’s facilities working group then are scheduled to meet at 7:45 a.m.
4. Unemployment: Local unemployment rates for August, town-by-town, will be released Tuesday by the state Bureau of Labor Statistics. The existing unemployment rate in Hamilton is 4.5 percent and Wenham is 6.8 percent.
5. Wenham Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen are scheduled to meet at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at Wenham Town Hall with a full agenda, which includes a hearing on the liquor license application for Wenham Tea House.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.