Today is Friday, Sept. 21. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Sun: Friday’s weather should include plenty of sun in the sky and typically September temperatures – in the 60s and possibly getting into the lower 70s.
2. Summer: Friday is the last full day of summer 2012. Autumn officially starts at 10:49 a.m. on Saturday.
3. Five Boards: The Board of Selectmen and Finance Advisory Committees from both Hamilton and Wenham will meet with the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee at 4 p.m. on Friday at Buker Elementary School to discuss the plan for the bonding of several capital projects at the elementary schools, including work to the roofs and Cutler and Winthrop Elementary schools.
4. Railroad Crossing: The work to make repairs to the railroad crossing on Bay Road is expected to wrap up on Friday, where delays are expected on Route 1A through downtown Hamilton until at least noon and possibly later.
5. Hazardous Waste: There is hazardous waste collection day planned for Saturday at Hamilton Town Hall. It runs from 9 a.m. to noon and there is a charge for the drop off based on the amount of material. A list of accepable materials is attached to the event listing.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.