Today is Thursday, Aug. 9. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Hot: On Wednesday, we saw the muggies and some heat return. The heat will stay in place on Thursday with the possibility of the temperatures getting to 90 degrees. There’s also a slight chance of an afternoon thunderstorm.
2. Gas: The least expensive gallon of gas right now in the two towns is $3.62 at . Both and are selling a gallon of regular for $3.69 and is at $3.89.
3. Lorax: crawls onto the big screen at twice on Thursday, at 1 p.m. and again at 3 p.m. It is free and open to all.
4. Hamilton Assessor: Thursday is one of the days this summer when the Hamilton Assessors office at will . On Thursday, the office will be open from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
5. Patton Pool: The had been scheduled to meet on Thursday night, when it had planned to consider funding for work on the pool. That discussion has instead been put off until next week, after Monday night’s Hamilton Board of Selectmen meeting where plans for the pool will be presented to the Board of Selectmen.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.