Today is Wednesday, Aug. 8. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Muggier: It is expected to get muggier on Wednesday after two absolutely perfect days to start the week. The skies will be sunny and temperatures will get well into the 80s.
2. Kite Day: Organizers of this are looking for a few volunteers, age 12 and up, to help younger children put together their kites. Kite Day is a cooperative effort between the Wenham Council on Aging and the Beverly Recreation Department that will happens at Birch Plains Fields near Beverly Airport on Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Volunteers should call the Wenham COA at 978- 468-5529.
3. Light Opera: The New England Light Opera wraps up its summer series on Wednesday night at the . Wednesday’s show features “Broadway Showstoppers.” Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors and $5 for kids. The show starts at 7:30 p.m.
4. SeniorCare: The non-profit senior services organization that serves Hamilton and Wenham – SeniorCare – is moving into new headquarters up in Gloucester. That new home at 49 Blackburn Center is being unveiled on Wednesday at 4 p.m. with a ribbon-cutting ceremony.
5. Bubbleology: We’re told that “some of the largest bubbles you've ever seen” can been seen on Wednesday evening at . It is part of the that runs from 6:30-7:30 p.m. It is free and open to the public. Registration is not necessary.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.