Today is Thursday, Aug. 23. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Streak: The streak of truly wonderful weather is forecasted to continue on Thursday with sunny skies and tempertures in the 80s. In fact, one Boston television meteorologist said in recent days that this pattern is expected to run through Tuesday, which would be a great way to wrap up summer.
2. Frisbee: A two-time . Todd Brodeur puts on a show and will teach free tricks starting at 2 p.m. at . Best of all? It’s free and no registration is required.
3. Beverly: Our neighbors to the south are getting . Patch arrived on the North Shore about two years ago and since then Beverly has been the largest community without a Patch site – but no more. Find it at Beverly.patch.com after 3:30 p.m.
4. Quarterback: The Salem News is counting down the best high school quarters back in the region over the past 40 years. At number 12 was , a standout at , where he – one of two Prep School Championships as part of an 18-1 record in his junior and senior seasons.
5. Farm-to-Table: Thursday night’s Farm-to-Table dinner at – with a Tuscan theme – is full. All 50 seats have already been sold. But stay tuned - the Farm-to-Table events are growing in popularity - for its next one in September. The exact date has not been announced.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.