Today is Wednesday, Aug. 15. Here are five things you need to know:
1. Ice Cream: One of the most anticipated events of the summer at is the – which is Wednesday night at 6 p.m. The event, which features ice cream – actually requires advance registration and children need to bring their summer reading log, which serves as the entry ticket.
2. Fresh Air: We had , when seven kids from “disadvantaged communities” in New York City came here as part of the program, which arranges visits for those children to suburban and rural communities in 13 Northeastern states. On Wednesday, another group is arriving for visits to several dozen communities, including Hamilton. One boy is coming to Hamilton and two children to Ipswich, according to Christine Cutter, a coordinator for the program in Hamilton.
3. Powerball: Wow, the Powerball jackpot has really grown – now over $300 million. While it still falls short of the record-breaking Megamillions jackpot earlier this year, there sure is a lot you can do with the estimated $320 million jackpot that is up for grabs in Wednesday night’s drawing. A ticket is $2. In Hamilton and Wenham, there are five places you can buy a ticket: , , and in Hamilton plus in Wenham
4. Open Gym: Wednesday marks the final day for the summertime open gym sessions at the at . The open gym session runs from 6-9 p.m. and there is a charge.
5. Wading Pool: The Hamilton Conservation Commission continues its review on Wednesday night of proposed renovations to at . The state Department of Conservation and Recreation, which owns the pool, has proposed to resurface the pool and install a new water supply line from Highland Street. The commission meets at 7 p.m. at .
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.