Today is Tuesday, Oct. 9. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: Tuesday is forecasted to be a cloudy day with rain to start and a chance of showers throughout the day. Temperatures will top out in the 50s.
2. Restaurants: Are you looking to try a new restaurant close to home at a reasonable price? You may want to check out the offerings at Beverly Restaurant Week, which runs through Thursday. There are 15 restaurants participating with either a 3-course dinner for $25 or 2-course dinner for $15, before tax, drinks and gratuities.
3. Yard Sale: Notre Dame Children’s Class is holding a yard sale this weekend and starting on Tuesday donations will begin to be accepted. The Wenham school is looking for items such as clothes, home items plus books, toys and baby items.
4. Trash: Do not forget that Columbus Day on Monday means that trash pickup is delayed by a day all week, starting on Tuesday with pickup in Wenham.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Tuesday night (a day later than usual because of the Columbus Day holiday) at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall. The board is scheduled to discuss the Class II Motor Vehicles Dealer’s License for Mike’s Auto, which last month received zoning approval to sell used cars from its Bay Road property.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.