Today is Thursday, Oct. 4. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Yucky: Thursday’s weather forecast isn’t sounding like it will be much of an improvement over what we have seen most of the week. Fog and showers are expected to hang around for most of the day with temperatures in the 60s.
2. Mrs. Essex County: If you are a married woman living in Essex County, Thursday is the deadline to enter this weekend’s Mrs. Essex County pageant at the Topsfield Fair. The exact deadline is 10 p.m. The pageant starts with judging based on a food entry and a preliminary interview on Saturday. From there, contestants are selected to move on to the finals on Sunday. Two years ago, the winner came from right here in Hamilton – Krista McLellan. The entry form is attached to this story as a PDF.
3. Fashion Show: Irresistibles at the Wenham Tea House hosts a fashion show dinner on Thursday. The event requires reservations by calling the Tea House. It gets started at 6 p.m. with cocktails and a Hors D’Oeuvres reception and then dinner at 7 p.m. The cost is $45 plus taxes and gratuity.
4. Breast Cancer: October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It is a disease that affects so many people. Look for content related to it this month on Hamilton-Wenham Patch.
5. MCAS scores: The Hamilton-Wenham Regional School Committee is scheduled to hear about the latest round of MCAS scores that were released in recent weeks. Dr. Celeste Bowler, the district's assistant superintendent for learning, will make the presentation. The committee meets at 7 p.m. at Buker Elementary School.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.