Today is Monday, Oct. 29. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Hurricane: Clearly the big news on Monday is the arrival of Hurricane Sandy. Stay tuned to Danvers Patch as we keep you updated throughout the storm.
2. Closed: Many government offices are closed on Monday including Hamilton and Wenham town halls and the library, in addition to the regional schools. A state of emergency was declared and Gov. Deval Patrick who on Sunday encouraged everyone to stay home and off the roads, if possible.
3. Hydrants: The Wenham Water Department was scheduled to start flushing hydrants on Monday. While the arrival of Hurricane Sandy may push that back, it will happen during the day for the next three weeks from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
4. Photos: Monday is the deadline to vote on the winners in the Salem 5 photo contest on its Facebook page. Salem Five, which a branch in Hamilton, is running a contest called “We Love It Here” that includes pictures from across the North Shore.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen typically meet on Monday nights and had planned to meet on Monday at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall. But that meeting has been cancelled because of Hurricane Sandy.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.