Today is Friday, Oct. 26. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Beautiful: Friday is shaping up to be another beautiful day, with sunny skies and temperatures into the 60s.
2. Blood Drive: The American Red Cross comes to Hamilton on Friday morning, hosting an blood drive at the Community House from 11:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. You can call 1-800-Red-Cross to make an appointment or just show up.
3. Two in a Row: For the second straight week, U.S. Rep. John Tierney (D-Salem) and Republican challenger Richard Tisei are meeting on two back-to-back days for a debate. After taping a debate at the WCVB studios on Thursday, both candidates will be at a debate on Friday morning hosted by the Cape Ann Chamber of Commerce at Cruiseport Gloucester from 8 a.m. to 9:15 a.m. Libertarian Daniel Fishman will also be included this time.
4. Pet Costumes: How great does your pet look in a Halloween costume? Show them off to the world and get chance at winning a $50 gift card. The deadline to upload a photo and enter the contest is Sunday.
5. Free Class: The Gym Downtown is hosting a Women's Walk, Strength and Stretch class every Friday morning and is starting this week with a free class before the sessions get stated every Friday from 11 a.m.-noon for a four-week session on Nov. 2-30. The cost is $32 per session and is open to non-members. It meets in Gym Downtown parking lot. To take part, call the gym at 978-468-3010.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.