Today is Tuesday, Oct. 23. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Half Day: All three elementary schools – Buker, Cutler and Winthrop – have a half day on Tuesday for parent conferences. School gets out at 11:15 a.m. at all thee schools and lunch will not be served.
2. Night at the Museum: Wenham Museum will be celebrating Halloween on Friday night with a popular event – A Night at the (Wenham) Museum. It runs from 6:30-8:30 p.m. and includes the museum’s collection coming to life and a moonlit tour of the 17th century Claflin-Richards House. The price is $8 for member or $26 for a family of four; $12 for non-members and $40 for a family of four.
3. Unemployment Rate: We’ll hear on Tuesday the latest unemployment data for both Hamilton and Wenham, as well as every community in the state for September. The rate in August was 4.4 percent in Hamilton and 5.3 percent in Wenham.
4. Gas: As is typically the case, the least expensive gallon of gas in Hamilton and Wenham on Monday was at G & M Motors, where it was selling for $3.72. It was $3.75 at both Hamilton Convenience and Oliver Gulf and $4.09 at Fallon’s.
5. Wenham Town Meeting: There will be a public hearing on the Wenham Town Meeting warrant on Tuesday night at Wenham Town Hall at 7 p.m. The special fall Town Meeting starts at 10 a.m. at Buker Elementary School on Saturday.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.