Today is Monday, Oct. 22. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Hydrants: The Hamilton Water Department will start on Monday night flushing hydrants all over town. The flushing will occur between 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. through Thursday night this week and for the following two weeks.
2. Farmers Market: A sure sign of fall – farmers market season is coming to an end. And on Monday, it is the last Beverly Farmers Market of the year. The market takes place along Railroad Avenue, near Beverly Depot and Veterans Park from 3-7 p.m.
3. Art Grows Here: The organizers are Art Grows Here – the outdoor art shows that has spanned both towns for the past three summers – are already looking toward next year. The group is holding an “open planning and brainstorming session” at the library on Monday at 6:30 p.m. in the Local History Room at Hamilton-Wenham Library. The meeting is open to the public and will include discussion about new ideas, a new web design, more performances and a larger circle of co-chairs.
4. Debate: Monday marks the third and final debate of the Presidential campaign. This time it takes place in Boca Raton, Fla. and will focus specifically on foreign affairs.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen typically meet on Monday night’s at Hamilton Town Hall. The board will not be meeting this week and has its next meeting scheduled for next week, Oct. 29, at 7 p.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.