Today is Tuesday, Oct. 16. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cooler: The one thing you’ll notice on Tuesday that it will be quite a bit cooler than it was on Monday, with temperatures in the 50s getting to about 70. It will again be windy, with gusts as high as 25 miles per hour.
2. Hay Man: The annual wintertime tradition along Bridge Street in Hamilton, where Alton Bynum and his family display a scene built out of hay, has returns. Star Wars is the theme this year and if you have not seen it the display, is as always, impressive.
3. Whitey: Retied State Police Col. Thomas Foley comes to the Hamilton-Wenham Library on Tuesday night to share his story of hunting down Whitey Bulger, even as he raced resistance from the FBI. Foley’s presentation runs 7-8 p.m.
4. Preschools: Are you looking for a preschool for your child? It may be a good idea to make a trip to Monkey Joe’s in Danvers on Tuesday night. There is a preschool fair from 6:30-8:30 and kids are welcome to come along.
5. Wenham Selectmen: The Wenham Board of Selectmen meets at 7 p.m. on Tuesday at Wenham Town Hall, where the agenda includes plan for the board to take a positions on warrant article for the fall Special Town Meeting, which is scheduled for on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 10 a.m.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.