Today is Friday, Oct. 12. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Showers: The clouds are forecasted to return on Friday, with temperatures in the 50s again. There’s also a chance of showers, particularly in the morning.
2. Dance: Friday night’s middle school dance at the Community House has a “Glow in the Dark” theme. The dance runs 7-9 p.m. and the admission charge is $5. But students need to make sure they have already registered for the Community House’s middle school programs in advance. The one one-time yearly charge is $40. The registration form is attached to this story.
3. Columbus: On this date in 1492, Christopher Columbus is said to have arrived in the Western World. And you may know that off the top of your head after memorizing the saying “In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue."
4. French Dinner: Wenham Tea House is having a French wine dinner on Friday night, with Executive Chef Peter Capalbo and Operations Manager Chris Keohane playing host starting at 6 p.m. with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and dinner at 7 p.m. Reservations can be made at 978-468-1398. The price is $125, including tax and tip.
5. Wellness Showdown: Friday marks the end of the YMCA Hometown Wellness Showdown, a challenge between different towns designed to change or improve people’s diet and exercise habits by earning points to get closer to the crown of the healthiest town in Eastern Massachusetts. The YMCA of the North Shore, in both Beverly and Ipswich, has been participating.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.