Today is Thursday, Oct. 11. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The sun is expected to reemerge on Thursday, with temperatures around 60.
2. Flu: The Hamilton and Wenham Boards of Health are hosting a flu vaccine clinic on Thursday afternoon at The Meetinghouse (Old Library) on Bay Road in Hamilton. It runs 3-6 p.m. and is free but anyone with insurance should bring their insurance card.
3. Flow Test: A flow test of the water system by Stantec Inc. will be conducted on Thursday at 9 p.m. in the Chebacco Road area of Hamilton. It could cause the water to become discolored and it is recommended that residents run cold water or their outside spigot until they get clear water again.
4. HAWC: HAWC, or Healing Abuse Working for Change, serves both Hamilton and Wenham and is hosting a “Working to Heal Breakfast” on Thursday morning at the Marriott in Peabody at 7:30 a.m. The breakfast will “highlight the work” that HAWC is doing to strengthen children's healing.
5. Wenham Planning Board: The Wenham Planning Board meets on Thursday at 7:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall, where the board may get an update on the project to convert Penguin Hall on the former Mullen property into a senior living complex.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.