Today is Wednesday, Nov. 28. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Cloudy: Wednesday will be a cloudy day, with temperatures not forecasted to get much above 40 degrees. Plus, winds will gust to about 20 miles per hour.
2. Book Fair: Winthrop Elementary School's "All-Star" Scholastic Book Fair arrives on Wednesday. There will be student shopping during school hours on Thursday and Friday. The book fair will also be open to the public during the Holiday Boutique on Saturday from 9 a.m.- 2 p.m. Proceeds from the book fair benefit the Winthrop school classrooms and library.
3. Early Release: As is the case on most Wednesday, the schools in the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District get out early today. Elementary schools get out at 12:45 p.m. and the high school and middle school get out at 1:30 p.m.
4. Thanksgiving: It almost feels as it Thanksgiving is a distant memory. But it came very early on the calendar this year and next year, it will happen on this date - Nov. 28.
5. Distinguished Leaders: The North Shore Chamber of Commerce honors distinguished leaders of the North Shore on Wednesday night, including Joanne Patton of Hamilton. The event runs 5-8 p.m. at Danversport Yacht Club and will also be the Chamber's annual dinner.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.