Today is Wednesday, Nov. 21. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Clouds: Wednesday will be the cloudiest day in a while, but there is not expected to be any precipitation and temperatures will get close to 50 degrees.
2. School: Wednesday is a half day for students in the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District, with the elementary schools getting out at 11:15 a.m. and Hamilton-Wenham Regional High School and Miles River Middle School being dismissed at 12:05 p.m. Lunch will not be served.
3. Facebook picture: Wednesday is the final day to have a say on which photo will show up on the top of the Hamilton-Wenham Patch Facebook page. Just leave a comment on the story that shows all of the entries.
4. Police Academy: Congratulations to the latest participants in the Hamilton Police Department’s Citizens Academy, which wrapped up on Tuesday night with the graduation. It was the second academy run by the department in recent years.
5. Tolls: If you happen to be headed down the highway known as the Turnpike Extension on Wednesday, you may be able to get through the Allston-Brighton tolls for free. While it’s not a likely route for many of those headed out of town from the two towns on Thanksgiving, if your travels take you that way between 3 and 4 p.m. you can get through for free, a promotion from Plymouth Rock Assurance.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.