Today is Monday, Nov. 19. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Perfect: The streak of beautiful days continues on Monday, with the forecast calling for sunny skies and the high temperature getting close to 50 degrees.
2. Recipes: We’ll be bringing you some of the best Thanksgiving Day recipes from Patch readers here on the North Shore in the next few days. Monday is the last chance to submit your best recipe to share. Send it to Associate Regional Editor Chris Helms at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Chess: Playing chess makes you smart – or so they say. If you want to introduce your kids to chess, or they want to get better, they can join Chess for Kids, which starts a three week long program on Monday at Hamilton-Wenham Library. It runs from 3:30-4:30 and requires preregistration. The program is designed for players of all levels - including beginners – and is free and open to the public for grades 1-6.
4. Music Man: It’s a shortened work week because of Thanksgiving, but that is not stopping Music Man Brian Doser on Monday at the Community House. The show starts at 10 a.m. for kids.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meet on Monday night at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall when the board is slated to look at projections for the fiscal 2014 budget, among other agenda items.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.