Today is Friday, Nov. 16. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: Another great fall day is in store on Friday with sunny skies forecasted along with temperatures again into the 40s.
2. Dick Eddy: The longtime volunteer behind events such as Kite Day will be honored on Friday – it is Dick Eddy Day at the Wenham Senior Center. The event starts at noon and will include visits from state Senator Bruce Tarr and state Rep. Brad Hill with legislative citations plus the Board of Selectmen and Town Administrator with a municipal proclamation.
3. Facebook: If you want a chance to have your photo featured at the top of the Hamilton-Wenham Patch Facebook page, the deadline to submit a photo is noon on Friday.
4. Ballots: The election last Tuesday is well into our rearview mirror, but technically town clerks have until Friday at 5 p.m. to accept any ballots from overseas.
5. Trash: Even though Monday was a holiday – Veterans Day – trash pickup was planned to be picked up as usual this week. And that will continue on Friday, although Hamilton officials have decided to do double pickups this week, with pickup on Friday at the homes that typically get pickup on Fridays plus home that get pickup on Thursdays.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.