Today is Thursday, Nov. 15. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Repeat: Thursday’s weather will largely be a repeat of Wednesday – a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the 40s.
2. Flu Shots: The second of two flu shot clinics happens on Thursday at The Meetinghouse in Hamilton for residents of both towns. It runs from 3-6 p.m. and is open to all ages. The Boards of Health from both towns, which are sponsoring the clinic, recommend that people wear short sleeves or loose-fitting sleeves and bring your insurance card.
3. Patton Park Bricks: The effort to raise money to build a new playground at Patton Park has added brick sponsorships to its efforts. And Wednesday has been set as the final day to contribute to the effort and get your name on a brick. The new brick pathway will lead from the parking lot to the playground, made up of the sponsored bricks.
4. Youth Basketball: The final day to sign up for this winter’s Hamilton-Wenham Youth Basketball program is Wednesday. The regular deadline has already passed so if you register now you’ll have to pay a late fee. The program includes various teams from kindergarten through eighth grade and you can register online at www.hwybb.org.
5. First Church Grants: Thursday is the deadline to submit an application to the First Church in Wenham’s Special Grants Program. The program funds “good works” ranging from Acord Food Pantry locally to Physicians for Human Rights, internationally. The grant application is available by calling the Church office at 978-468-4900, or it can be downloaded from the Church’s web site at www.firstchurchwenham.org under the Special Grants tab. The grant committee will meet late fall and present the applications to the Church Cabinet for approval in January.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.