Today is Wednesday, Nov. 14. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: The sun is forecast to return to the sky on Wednesday, with temperatures quite typical for this time of the year with highs into the upper 40s.
2. Elder Housing: The Hamilton Council on Aging’s weekly open house on Wednesday mornings at The Meetinghouse this week features the town of Hamilton’s Planning Coordinator Kristine Cheetham, who will talk about affordable senior housing along with Matt Karr, an elder lawyer. It runs 10 a.m. to noon followed by lunch.
3. Ski Bradford: Wednesday is the final day for students in elementay and middle school to sign up for this winter’s Wednesday afternoon skiing and snowboarding program at Ski Bradford run by the Community House. The cost runs from $265 to $375 for the six-week program, depending on whether you take lessons or need rental equipment. Registrations will also be taken though Dec. 1 with a $25 late fee.
4. Pingree Admissions: Do you have a child that may be considering private school next year? Pingree School on Highland Street is holding an admissions night on Wednesday night that will include a chance to meet teachers and attend a faculty and student panel. It starts at 6:30 p.m.
5. Hamilton Fin Comm: The Hamilton Finance and Advisory Committee meets on Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall, where it will the formula used to develop the town’s budget forecast model, among other business.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.