Today is Monday, Nov. 12. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Warm: Monday is forecasted to be a spectacularly beautiful mid-November day, with temperatures well into the 60s and sunny skies.
2. Veterans Day: Monday is the observed holiday for Veterans Day, meaning that schools in the Hamilton-Wenham Regional School District are closed as well as government offices. Some banks are closed and Wenham Museum will be open with its popular Geo Trax train display.
3. Trash Pickup: Hiltz Disposal will collect trash as scheduled on Monday in Wenham and trash will be as regularly scheduled all week, continuing in Wenham on Tuesday and then on to Hamilton on Wednesday.
4. Storm Debris: Monday is the last day to drop off storm debris at one of the two dropoff locations in town, either the West Wenham Playground parking lot on Topsfield Road (Route 97) or behind the Iron Rail Building at 91 Grapevine Road. The dropoff points are for yard waste and not leaves.
5. Little League: Hamilton-Wenham Little League is holding a community meeting on Monday at 7:30 p.m. in the basement meeting room at the Community House. The meeting will include a review of the 2013 season, a look forward to 2013 and an election of the 2013 board of directors.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.