Today is Thursday, May 9. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Showers: Thursday could be the first rainy day we’ve had in a while, with the forecast calls for showers and rain through much of the day. Even when it is not raining, it will be a cloudy day with temperatures in the 60s. There’s also a chance of an afternoon or evening thundershower.
2. Moms: Three days before Mother’s Day, Thursday night is National Mom’s Night Out. The North Shore Mall in Peabody is celebrating by hosting a free event from 5-8 p.m. that will include beauty advice and makeovers, food samples, shopping discounts and prizes.
3. Letting Go: If your child is heading off to college for the first time this fall, there’s a free session at Pingree School on Thursday night to give you some tips. will be presented by Dr. Lisa Lewis of the Tufts University Counseling Center at 8 p.m.
4. Art: Artist John Maciejowski will host an opening reception for his exhibit “Impressionism To Abstraction” on Thursday from 7-7:30 p.m. at Hamilton-Wenham Library. Maciejowski has done contemporary impressionism and abstraction and the work will hang in the library through June.
5. Signs: The Wenham Planning Board takes on the issue of signs again on Thursday evening by discussing the zoning bylaw during its meeting at 7:30 p.m. at Wenham Town Hall. It wil also hear about a sign bylaw violation at the new development on Burley Street near the Danvers town line.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.