Today is Tuesday, March 26. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham.
1. Mix: The sun is forecasted to appear on Tuesday, with a mix of clouds still lingering. There’s a chance of a rain shower and the wind will gust up to 13 miles per hour. The temperature will get into the upper 40s.
2. Unemployment: We’ll find out on Tuesday what the unemployment rate was last month in Hamilton and Wenham. The state Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development will release community-by-community unemployment data for February on Tuesday morning.
3. Hockey: Agawam Youth Hockey is hosting an evaluation session on Tuesday evening at the Talbot Rink in Gloucester for Bantams (players born in 1999 and 2000). It runs from 8-9 p.m.
4. Transportation: The ongoing discussion about Gov. Deval Patrick’s plan to increase taxes to fund transportation improvements continues on Tuesday evening in Salem, where the North Shore Alliance for Economic Development is hosting a forum and public discussion about Patrick’s plan. It will include State Sen. Thomas McGee, chairman of the Transportation Committee; Andrew Bagley, Director of Research and Public Affairs for the Massachusetts Taxpayers Foundation; Ben Forman, Research Director for MassInc. and Keith Mahoney, Director of Public Affairs for The Boston Foundation. The event runs from 6:30-8 p.m. in the Recital Hall on Salem State University’s Central Campus.
5. Toddlers: Mothers of toddlers have a social time on Tuesday morning at Hamilton-Wenham Library. The social time for 1-3 year-olds, organized by the Hamilton-Wenham Mother’s Club, happens most weeks and runs 10 a.m.-noon.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.