Today is Wednesday, Jan. 9. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. 40s: The temperature is forecasted to get well into the 40s on Wednesday, with cloudy skies and light wind.
2. Brownies: Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts start a six week long program Wednesday at Hamilton-Wenham Library called “World of Girls’ for second and third graders at 2:30 p.m. The cost is cost is $30, including the $12 membership dues to register as a Girl Scout or $18. for girls already registered as Girl Scouts.
3. Half Day: Wednesday, as usual, is early release day in the schools. Elementary schools get out at 12:45 p.m. and the high school and middle school get out at 1:30 p.m.
4. Obamacare: Leaders at two North Shore hospitals will address the North Shore Chamber of Commerce on Wednesday morning at Danversport Yacht Club with a discussion about the Affordable Care Act, commonly called Obamacare. Robert Norton, President and CEO of North Shore Medical Center and Dr. Howard Grant, President and CEO of Lahey Clinic (which has offices in Hamilton and owns Beverly Hospital) will present an “Update on the Affordable Care Act and What Lies Ahead for North Shore Medical Center and Lahey Clinic" starting at 7:15 a.m.
5. Personnel Board: The Wenham Board of Selectmen, acting as the Personnel Board, is scheduled to meet at 7:30 a.m. at Wenham Town Hall with one item on the agenda. Town Accountant Catherine Gabriel has asked to meet with the board.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.