Today is Monday, Jan. 7. Here are five things you need to know in Hamilton and Wenham:
1. Sun: Monday is forecasted to be a sunny day, with a high temperature just above freezing.
2. Yoga: The registration for two Yoga program at the Community House of Hamilton and Wenham is Monday. Taking Flight Yoga for Kids is a six week sessions for students in grades 2-5 It is from 1-2 p.m. on early release Wednesday, costs $65 and limited to 12 in the class. Yoga for Teens also runs for six weeks on Wednesday and is for grades 6 and up. It is from 2-3 p.m. and starts this Wednesday.
3. Chief of Staff: Gov. Deval Patrick’s former Director of Communications, Brendan Ryan, officially takes over as the Governor’s Chief of Staff on Monday, taking over for William “Mo” Cowan.
4. Christmas trees: In Wenham, if you plan to put out your Christmas tree with your trash for pickup, this is the final week. Your other options include dropping it off at one of three locations, including the DPW yard, Pingree Park and West Wenham Playground.
5. Hamilton Selectmen: The Hamilton Board of Selectmen meets on Monday night at 7 p.m. at Hamilton Town Hall, where the board will establish a charge and scope of work for the newly established Patton Park Pool Committee, among other items.
To find out what is going on today in Hamilton and Wenham, check out our events listings.